Tuesday 21 January 2014

Aussie Curves - Double Take!

This week's theme is right up my alley! I work in not-for-profit so as I do not earn a very high wage when I buy clothes I can't really justify buying items that are not versatile. I love clothes shopping and I get addicted to buying new things both online and in person however I am trying to be a little bit more thoughtful when purchasing something new.

I recently bought a new colour block skirt which I thought would be very versatile unfortunately I have only found one top that it goes with which is disappointing. I actually spent about 20 minutes having a tantrum trying it on with different things and it just does not work! I really wanted to find something that would match for this post but alas nothing and my boyfriend got sick of me swearing from the bedroom in frustration....so I instead went with probably one of my favourite tops ever!

I bought this top probably about a year ago from Myer (Basque Woman) and I honestly love it, I wear it a few times a month to work usually and often forget about it for casual wear but I do love it with jeans/shorts as well. It's probably a bit old fashioned and the pattern is nothing extraordinary but I just  adore the loose fit and neckline I wish I had it in lots of colours and patterns and then I would probably live in them as it looks great tucked in or worn out. I also love that as it is black and white it looks great with pops of colour either in a cardigan or with accessories.

 
Top: Basque Woman (Myer 2013)
Cardigan/shrug: Jacqui E (2012)
Jeans: City Chic - these are really new and I'm actually not that impressed by them, I find they stretch a lot within a couple of hours and they also seem to fade in strange places?
Necklace: Gifted but I think it was from somewhere like Tree Of Life
Shoes: Somewhere cheap on sale brand is "Venice Beach"
 
 
& for a more corporate/work appropriate look...

 
Skirt: "Liz Jordan" brand I think from Noni B in maybe 2011? I am in desperate need of more pencil/straight skirts can anyone recommend somewhere to get them?? I don't think they are in fashion at the moment...
Shoes: Supersoft - I never wear heels to work as I am always running late to meetings so they would slow me down however I think this outfit would be nice with heels also!
Necklace: Autograph

That's it from me! Can't wait to see what everyone else is posting this week! Need inspiration!

3 comments:

  1. It's a shame you're not impressed with the jeans because they look fantastic on you. I love that top + jeans + THOSE SANDALS OMG combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both outfits, you look fab x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Love it with denim AND with the corporate look. Nice one.

    ReplyDelete